An old NSD daemon, stuck with old data?

Miek Gieben miekg at atoom.net
Tue Nov 22 10:54:36 UTC 2005

[On 22 Nov, @11:14, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote in "An old NSD daemon, stuck with  ..."]
> We experienced a funny problem with a nsd name server. Serial numbers
> seem to oscillate between an old value and the current one:
>
> % check_soa ma
> ns2.nic.fr has serial number 2005112202
> % check_soa ma
> ns2.nic.fr has serial number 2005111902
>
> nsd logs show nothing and the zone did not change between the two tests.

We will try to simulate this here, but more details would certainly
be helpfull.

What I gathered from Jaap was that something went haywire with a
failed AXFR (tsig related) and that possibly the reload failed?

--
grtz,
  - Miek

 http://www.miek.nl                      http://www.nlnetlabs.nl
  PGP Key ID: 3880 D0F6
 fingerprint: 6A3C F450 6D4E 7C6B C23C  F982 258B 85CF 3880 D0F6