An old NSD daemon, stuck with old data?

Miek Gieben miekg at atoom.net
Tue Nov 22 11:39:59 UTC 2005

[On 22 Nov, @12:15, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote in "Re: An old NSD daemon, stuck w ..."]
> > What I gathered from Jaap was that something went haywire with a
> > failed AXFR (tsig related) and that possibly the reload failed?
>
> Apparently, there was two different and (probably) unrelated problem:
>
> 1) A NTP => TSIG problem, which is now fixed,

okay, this greatly simplifies any test environment to be setup :-)

> 2) The oscillation problem, which is also fixed by a different method
> (stop ; start). This is the one about which I ask (since the first has
> probably nothing to do with NSD).

Ah, okay. So basicly we are looking at some race condition in the
SIGHUP handling in NSD...

by (stop; start) you mean: nsdc stop ; nsdc start ?

> During the first problem, nsd still reloaded the non-TSIG zones (like
> ".ma") without trouble.

that would be of the virtue of the nsdc script,

--
grtz,
  - Miek

 http://www.miek.nl                      http://www.nlnetlabs.nl
  PGP Key ID: 3880 D0F6
 fingerprint: 6A3C F450 6D4E 7C6B C23C  F982 258B 85CF 3880 D0F6