build-nsdzones.pl and nsd.zones fileformat

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Oct 12 21:23:36 UTC 2005

hi,

I noticed the build-nsdzones.pl only converts the first zone of my
named.conf to nsd.zones. It also did not include either a master or
notify keyword, even though my bind configuration for that zone had an
also-notify keyword. Even not listing an also-notify line did not cause
build-nsdzones.pl to process more then one zone.

Second, I had a question about the nsd.zones format. Does the keyword
'notify' mean the exact same thing as the keyword 'master'? Also, isn't
"master" somewhat confusing since you wouldn't need to notify a master,
only a slave (secondary) server.

Paul