Question about performance

Irenäus Becker lists at dominic.de
Tue Jun 13 10:10:08 UTC 2006

Hello again,

thank you very much for all your answers.
I make some tests on two different systems to realize the problem.
The first Maschine is like already called Sun Fire 280, the second one
an AMD Opteron with 2GHz.

Command 1:
time xargs cat < nsd.zones > /dev/null 2> /dev/null
Maschine 1 (Sun):
real    0m13.410s
user    0m4.430s
sys     0m5.300s

Maschine 2 (Opteron):
real    0m1.321s
user    0m0.830s
sys     0m0.490s

Command 2:
The second command is quite more interesting:
time rndc rebuild

Maschine1 (Sun):
real    9m8.578s
user    0m23.090s
sys     0m13.770s

Maschine 2(Opteron):
real    3m3.095s
user    2m41.320s
sys     0m7.200s

The user process of zonec on the Sun Maschine just runs with 10% cpu
load. On Opteron it takes 90% cpu load.
Maybe we here have a maschine problem.

Regards,
Irenäus Becker