[nsd-users] reloading NSD zone configuration

Erik Romijn erik at erik.io
Wed Apr 22 17:31:23 UTC 2009

Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Erik Romijn wrote:
>> Unless I am mistaken somewhere, NSD will only pick this up after a full
>> restart, which can take up to several seconds on my system with, so far,
>> a very small amount of zones (<10).
>
> It picks up zone changed when you tell it to reload. Reload just will not
> pick up removed or added zones.

I'm referring to changes of master IPs with 'change'. Which, according
to my testing, are also only picked up after a full restart.

>> I would like to change the zone configuration of NSD up to every minute,
>
> What is the use case for this? :)

Hosting zones for users, and promising them very quick set-up and master
change times because they are very impatient :)

But, if what I want can't realistically be done, 5 minutes would
probably be acceptable.

cheers,
Erik