[Dnssec-trigger] bugzilla can be used to file dnssec-trigger bug reports via the web browser

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri Jan 27 14:07:57 UTC 2012

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012, W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:

> Also there is a privacy problem with this page.  What does the probe
> send in its http headers to this site (unique numbers?)?  This site
> gets to track you because you send it traffic whenever you connect to
> the internet?
>
> The site itself could get very high traffic loads, because everyone
> downloads the page whenever they switch their wifi.
>
> Due to privacy and traffic load, I did not consider that we could run
> such a page ourselves, but then fedoraproject may have a CDN fronting it.

yes. I would first like to experiment with a simple page. Once we feel
confident this works well, I can ping fedora to get the resource. Since
the request will be a strange one (never ever change this page no matter
what, and no redirects), I'd rather be sure we know it all works before
I ask for it.

Paul