[ldns-users] function call backs in ldns_resolver_send*?

Miek Gieben miek at miek.nl
Wed Dec 15 11:53:24 UTC 2010

[ Quoting Wouter Wijngaards in "Re: [ldns-users] function call back"... ]
> Hoi Miek,

Hallo,

> Well, asynchronous means another thread or process is working on the
> query.  And ldns does not do that.

True, but with callbacks you can fire off multiple requests and then
wait for a reply from one of them.
Currently this is hard to do because ldns_resolver_send* hides all this.

I'm not proposing to make ldns into a threaded library, we have
libunbound for that, I'm asking for a way to seperate the send and
receive in ldns.

> It is not viable (for ldns itself).  libunbound gives you a callback
> that gives the packet wiredata from unbound, it handles the threads,

Do callbacks imply threads? (I thought not, but I may be wrong).

grtz,
    Miek