[ldns-users] ldns on iPhone ?

Marc Groeneweg Marc.Groeneweg at sidn.nl
Tue Jun 19 08:12:14 UTC 2012

Hi Henri,

SNAP
>The difference between a shared lib and a framework is simply one of bundling.
SNAP
>sed -ie "s!^CFLAG=!CFLAG=-isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS${SDKVERSION}.sdk !" "Makefile"
># remove sig_atomic for iPhoneOS
>sed -ie "s!static volatile sig_atomic_t intr_signal;!static volatile intr_signal;!" "crypto/ui/ui_openssl.c"
>
>I can add that to my script and make a complete OpenSSL framework if you're interested.
Yes please. Then all can benefit from this.

>> For creating the libunbound, the same technique is needed, but you
>> have to iterate because of the dependencies Unbound has with ldns.
>> Three build runs were needed to create libunbound (with ldns) for the
>> architectures needed for iOS devices (i386, armv6, armv7). Scripts can
>> be found at SIDN labs as soon as the article on libunbound gets published
The article has been posted several weeks ago. Please see:
http://www.sidnlabs.nl/laatste-berichten/nieuwsdetail/article/dnssec-validatie-implementeren-op-ios/

It's in Dutch, but I'm pretty sure you understand. Otherwise Google translate might be your friend.

>Let me know if you need help. We could pretty much package the whole thing
> (OpenSSL + libunbound + ldns) into one drop-in framework.
Same applies as for the OpenSSL framework.

Best regards,
Marc