[ldns-users] ldns-notify only supports hmac-md5

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Sun Jan 22 10:27:51 UTC 2017

Hello ldns users and developers,

I've just joined ldns-users. First of all, I'd like to point out that
the list's administrative interface still says it's run by
matthijs at nlnetlabs.nl. Perhaps someone should change that :)

My question is about ldns-notify. I wanted to use it to send a
TSIG-signed notify to a server. Sadly, I found out that it only handles
keys with the hmac-md5 hash algorithm, whereas all my keys use
hmac-sha256. Willem is there any chance you could patch it to allow
specifying another algorithm, and possibly also make hmac-sha256 the
default (md5 has been deprecated for a very long time)?

Regards,
Anand