nsd running as slave

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Thu Jul 10 10:21:15 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 10:49:46AM +0200,
 Ted Lindgreen <ted at NLnetLabs.nl> wrote
 a message of 28 lines which said:

> The sanity check is wise to prevent vulnaribility for DoSsing
> by a notify flood. I guess a simple timer (ignore new notifies
> for xx seconds/minutes after having forked+execed) would suffice.

We use a small shell script as a wrapper for "nsdc update".

#!/bin/ksh

PATH=${PATH}:/local/sbin

lockfile=/var/run/afnic-nsdc.lock

trap  "rm -f $lockfile; exit 1" 1 2 3 15

if [ -e "${lockfile}" ]
then
   echo "Another update/rebuild is running, cancelling (if it is an error, delete ${lockfile})"
   exit 0
fi
# Small race condition here
echo $$ > "${lockfile}"