Does anyone use nsd on an UltraSparc?

Erik Rozendaal erik at NLnetLabs.nl
Tue Nov 2 08:48:09 UTC 2004

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> Because it fails for me. See Debian bug  #279277 viewable at
> http://bugs.debian.org/279277.

This may be related to the IPv6 handling in NSD. Do you need IPv6
support? If not, try running nsd with the "-4" option.

Else, use the -a option to explicitly bind the addresses you want NSD to
listen to:

nsd -a 192.168.0.1 -a fe80::1

Note that there is some code in nsd.c that should do the right thing
based on the existance of the IPV6_V6ONLY socket option. If the above
solves the problem we need to find out why this code doesn't work right.

Erik