named-xfer...

Ondřej Surý sury.ondrej at globe.cz
Wed Nov 10 15:19:37 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 16:15 +0100, Miek Gieben wrote:
> [On 10 Nov, @ 16:08, Arnt wrote in "named-xfer... ..."]
> > Hi,
> >
> > the latest version of nsd still needs named-xfer from bind. But recent
> > versions of bind don't include that and I shrink from installing an old
> > version of named.
> >
> > What do others do in this case?
>
> I know the debian package of NSD just pulled the named-xfer in from
> bind8 and renamed it nsd-xfer. If you really need axfr you will prob.
> still need the bind8's named-xfer.

You can download copy of .deb package and unpack it using *ar* and copy
nsd-xfer out of it.  That would be simpler than compiling bind on your
own.  .deb is available for almost any platform you can imagine :-).

And you need to do it only once (in case that there will be no security
bugs in named-xfer).

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <sury.ondrej at globe.cz>
Globe Internet s.r.o. - Member of Active 24