multiple IP

Peter Hessler phessler at theapt.org
Fri Apr 15 21:55:01 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 05:48:47PM -0400, Sebastian Castro Avila wrote:
:On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:22:16 -0700, Peter Hessler <phessler at theapt.org>
:wrote:
:
:>On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 04:52:02PM -0400, Dany V. wrote:
:>:With that said, is there a way to tell NSD to listen and reply on one
:>:interface and not the other?  Currently, if I dig @server mydomain.com,
:>:the reply comes back through the first ip address, and not the
:>:secondary.
:>
:>That seems like a bug to me.
:>
:
:Someone explained to me that it is the typical behaviour for UDP socket.
:They use as the source address the address of the interface used to send
:the packet (which depends on the route table in the host). The way to
:overcome that problem is create a socket binded to a specific address.
:
:If I'm wrong, let me know please.
:

It may be the default behaivour, but its certainly possible to fix.  If
a patch doesn't show up in a a few days, I'll see if I can write
something decent.