Incremental Updates

Timothy Der derti at corp.earthlink.net
Fri Aug 26 08:14:54 UTC 2005

I read the old thread regarding a dynamic update backend, but I am interested in being able to do incremental updates (appending/inserting new data into the exsisting DB), so our numerous zone files dont all have to be reparsed again.  Is it feasable with the current setup? or will significant kludging be in order to facilitate this? I would prefer to just go with a dns server with a DB backend but others are naturally resistant, and like their zone files but not the slow speed they bring with them (generally speaking).
Any hints would be appreciated.

Timothy Der