ANNOUNCEMENT: NSD 2.2.0 released

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Jan 31 08:58:23 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 03:35:49PM +0100,
 Erik Rozendaal <erik at NLnetLabs.nl> wrote
 a message of 53 lines which said:

> NSD now includes an AXFR client (nsd-xfer) as a replacement for bind
> 8's named-xfer, as well as various bug fixes and internal changes.

NSD 2.2 is now running on {ns2,b}.nic.fr. Thanks to everyone, nsd-xfer
is a big improvment.

Also, we are now able to serve broken zones like ".ge" (TTL does not
match the TTL of the RRset). When you are secondary for hundreds of
domains, it help.

This is probably the last version of NSD that will run on Alpha/Tru64,
the machine will soon be replaced, probably by a
PC/Opteron/Debian/GNU/Linux.