Notify messages not sent by the -a ip address?

Antoine Delvaux antoine.delvaux at belnet.be
Thu Mar 24 16:33:31 UTC 2005

Hello,

I've an NSD configured to listen on a virtual interface, launched with the -a flag.  I noticed that when sending out notify messages, this IP is not used as source address, NSD uses the main IP of the server instead.

Is this wanted behaviour?  I guess not because the slave server doesn't seem to consider the notify message it receive, I suppose it's because it is not sent from the master server address.

Or have I missed something?

Thanks for any help,

Antoine.

--
http://www.belnet.be                              Tel: + 32 2 790 33 33
BELNET Service Support Team                       Fax: + 32 2 790 33 34