3.0.3, --zonesdir of configure

Koh-ichi Ito kohi at iri.co.jp
Fri Dec 22 02:46:48 UTC 2006

Hello,

Allow me if it is misunderstanding, I guess that --zonesdir
option on configure in NSD 3.0.3 has no(or not enough)
effect.

configure accepts --zonesdir option and $zonesdir appears in
Makefile as the result and it is referred in EDIT macro of
Makefile, but it seems no effect on config.h.

Pattern '@zonesdir@' doesn't appear in nsdc.sh.in, so
--zonesdir option for configure isn't built in nsdc.

--zonesdir affects on neigher config.h nor CPPFLAGS, so it
is no effect on zonec, too.

So, zonesdir always become NULL, and either specify
'zonefile:' in absolute path or specify 'zonesdir:' is
mandatory as far as my understanding.

ingram2# grep zonesdir /proj/nsd3/etc/nsd.conf
#       zonesdir: "/proj/nsd3/etc/namedb"
ingram2# /proj/nsd-3.0.3/sbin/nsdc rebuild
zonec: reading zone "example.jp".
warning: slave zone example.jp with no zonefile 'secondary/example.jp'(No such file or directory) will force zone transfer.

zonec: processed 0 RRs in "example.jp".
zonec: reading zone "example2.jp".
error: cannot open 'primary/example2.jp': No such file or directory

zonec: processed 0 RRs in "example2.jp".

zonec: done with 0 errors.
ingram2# rm /proj/nsd3/var/db/nsd.db
ingram2# ed /proj/nsd3/etc/nsd.conf
437
/zonesdir:/s/^#//
        zonesdir: "/proj/nsd3/etc/namedb"
436
ingram2# /proj/nsd-3.0.3/sbin/nsdc rebuild
zonec: reading zone "example.jp".
warning: slave zone example.jp with no zonefile 'secondary/example.jp'(No such file or directory) will force zone transfer.

zonec: processed 0 RRs in "example.jp".
zonec: reading zone "example2.jp".
zonec: processed 3 RRs in "example2.jp".

zonec: done with 0 errors.
ingram2#

Note that 'No such file or directory' for example.jp is
no problem, attention on example2.jp, please.

Thanks

						Koh-ichi Ito
				Internet Research Institute, Inc.