Modify nsd for special purpose

Steven Z gcclist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 22:48:52 UTC 2006

Hi, there:

I am modifying nsd such that it only response with fixed results. For
example, it will response with result "10.0.0.1" to any query. (Not
for hacking but for virus test bed.)

After reading the source codes a little bit, I think chaning
rbtree_find_less_equal might work. However, as rbtree is empty from
start, how am I supposed to insert a valid node into it? Could that be
done through nsd.db? I can not find related information about nsd.db,
like its format etc. Where can I find it? Can anyone email me a copy
of their nsd.db?

Thanks,
Gerry