NSD 2.3.4 released

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sun May 7 19:18:38 UTC 2006

> 2.3.4
> =============
> BUG FIXES:
>         - Unknown type codes for type code numbers > 48 and < 97 work again.
>           (this implies --enable-checking can be enabled again)
>         - nsd: sighandler() fixes
>         - Bug #118: nsd: nsd_notify waits for a response. Will retry the notify
>           after a timeout.

It still takes a long time for nsd to startup when there are problems with
secondaries.

>         - Bug #124: $(DESTDIR) was added to Makefile.in.

This was very useful, thanks :)

>         - Bug #128: zonec: parser can handle \\ at the end of a string.
>         - zonec: lexer: add \r to the newline delimeter
>         - zonec: use strtol with an explicit base 10 as parameter.
>           (Scott Rose, Roy Arends)
>         - nsd-xfer: print human readable error codes. Change logging to
>           be more in line with the rest

However, the no-ipv6 bug, as described here:
  http://open.nlnetlabs.nl/pipermail/nsd-users/2003-July/000044.html
has resurfaced. I've added a workaround in the nsd init script to append
"-4" if no IPv6 is detected on Linux.

There were also a few warnings on x86_64 / gcc 4.0.2 (but not on ix86 with
the same gcc):

zlexer.c: In function 'yylex':
zlexer.lex:268: warning: ignoring return value of 'fwrite', declared with attribute warn_unused_result

zonec.c: In function 'zparser_conv_loc':
zonec.c:656: warning: ignoring return value of 'strtol', declared with attribute warn_unused_result

nsd-xfer.c: In function 'print_rr':
nsd-xfer.c:459: warning: ignoring return value of 'fwrite', declared with attribute warn_unused_result

Updated packages should appear in Fedora Extras branches shortly.

Paul