NSD 2.3.4 released

Miek Gieben miek at miek.nl
Mon May 8 08:30:06 UTC 2006

[On 07 May, @21:18, Paul Wouters wrote in "Re: NSD 2.3.4 released ..."]
> >         - Bug #118: nsd: nsd_notify waits for a response. Will retry the notify
> >           after a timeout.
>
> It still takes a long time for nsd to startup when there are problems with
> secondaries.

Could you elaborate a bit more on that?

> However, the no-ipv6 bug, as described here:
>   http://open.nlnetlabs.nl/pipermail/nsd-users/2003-July/000044.html
> has resurfaced. I've added a workaround in the nsd init script to append
> "-4" if no IPv6 is detected on Linux.

hmmpf... I agree what is says in the thread on bugzilla, checking for
ipv6 should be done outside of NSD. Strange though that this pops
up now...

> There were also a few warnings on x86_64 / gcc 4.0.2 (but not on ix86 with
> the same gcc):

Thanks, I tweaked the code a bit, but most function we're already
casted to void. (Which will not make gcc on x86_64 stop complaining
though)

> Updated packages should appear in Fedora Extras branches shortly.

thanks!

--
grtz,
  - Miek

  http://www.miek.nl              http://www.nlnetlabs.nl
  PGP: 6A3C F450 6D4E 7C6B C23C  F982 258B 85CF 3880 D0F6