missing query-source/transfer-source in nsd

Miek Gieben miek at miek.nl
Tue May 23 18:00:39 UTC 2006

[On 23 May, @19:44, Sebastian E. Castro Avila wrote in "Re: missing  query-source/tran ..."]
> >> As a workaround, I've added both IP's as masters in the secondaries'
> >> named.conf.
> >
> > my guess is that this is a bug, a long time ago there was something
> > simular with regard to sending queries from a different ip address.
> > The same fix should apply here (I hope :))
> >

> Hi everyone.
>
> I made a patch for nsd-notify.c to support a new option: "-a address".
> This option allows to specify the source address of the notify message.
> I've tested it against a BIND secondary server and it is working.
> (Basically I checked nsd-xfer for the necessary code)

what a timing :)

> Probably a change in nsd.zones would be necessary, to include a
> "notify-source" directive.

jep, this is something we probably will not do for NSD2. Note that
in NSD3 all this is reworked and nsd-notify is deprecated. This will
mean that NSD3 will "do the correct thing" (TM) from the start.

> What should I do to submit the patch?

Just mail it to nsd-users.

> Moreover, I made a small patch in server.c (part of nsd binary) to print
> the address when a "can't bind the socket" message is triggered.

Ack, just also mail that.

We (labs' NSD dev team) are going to have a patch-discussion day
soonish,

thanks!

--
grtz,
  - Miek

  http://www.miek.nl              http://www.nlnetlabs.nl
  PGP: 6A3C F450 6D4E 7C6B C23C  F982 258B 85CF 3880 D0F6