[nsd-users] nsd3 as seconday, and the zonefile

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Nov 7 20:58:04 UTC 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Simon Vallet wrote:

> > I noticed that nsd (at least 3.0.6) when configured as secondary, no
> > longer stores the zonefiles in "plaintext". I assume all the data is
> > only stored in the nsd.db file.
>
> I don't know if that's what you're looking for, but AFAIK NSD does
> update the zone data in the configured files after an 'nsdc patch',
> which flushes the journal data. You might want to configure a cron job
> to do this regularly.

Ahh. of course..... Thanks Simon.

That created most of the files, and then died:

0x08051622 in main (argc=Cannot access memory at address 0x1
) at nsd-patch.c:354
354                             printf("zone %s had not changed.\n",
(gdb) bt full
#0  0x08051622 in main (argc=Cannot access memory at address 0x1
) at nsd-patch.c:354
        c = <value optimized out>
        configfile = 0xbfddcb92 "/etc/nsd/nsd.conf"
        difffile = 0x1 <Address 0x1 out of bounds>
        options = (nsd_options_t *) 0x14
        db = <value optimized out>
        zone = (struct zone *) 0x81161c4
        commit_log = (struct diff_log *) 0x81d96d4
        debug_list_diff = 0
        force_write = 0

The diff file was specified via the nsdc patch command as "-x /var/lib/nsd/ixfr.db"
and is available there:
-rw-r--r-- 1 nsd nsd 607249 Nov  7 19:30 /var/lib/nsd/ixfr.db

But the pointer to the difffile seems to have gotten corrupted.

Is there anything else I can supply to assist debugging this?

Paul