[nsd-users] NSD TCP performance

Andrew Sullivan andrew at ca.afilias.info
Fri Nov 9 17:49:46 UTC 2007

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 12:06:20PM -0500, nsd at dclg.ca wrote:

> I'd like to have a look at this patch.  Maybe the patch can be worked
> ina more acceptable manner.  My client is very concerned about TCP
> performance because of DNSSEC being on the horizon.

Of course, TCP isn't maybe the only way DNSSEC will get responses, but
it's a concern for sure.  It also seems that this TCP issue is a DoS
waiting to happen, since it imposes rather more overhead, AFAICT.
Unless I've misunderstood something (and it wouldn't be the first time).

(We're the client, BTW.)

--
<andrew at ca.afilias.info>                              M2P 2A8
jabber: ajsaf at jabber.org                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110