[nsd-users] nsd-xfer returning 1 on success?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Jul 16 17:04:26 UTC 2009

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009, Matthijs Mekking wrote:

> These particular lines where last touched 5 years ago, but my guess is
> that a way to differentiate between "zone up to date" (0) and "transfer
> succeeded" (1) was needed. Since both are not errors (but not both
> return the same value), more success return codes are needed.
>
> Do you think it make more sense to switch these two numbers?

I think it would make more sense to switch them. However, I'm not sure
what the effects vs gain will be for the community that has implement
things who would be in for a surprise. I'll leave that up to the nsd
team. But I was quite surprised to find a non-zero return code in the
simple case of using nsd-xfer to obtain a single zone.

Paul