[nsd-users] Trying to understand a SERVFAIL

Mon Feb 1 10:03:49 UTC 2010

Hi Pim, Jeremy,

Yes that would also create a parent and its child zone on the same
server with a CNAME between them triggering double 'additional section
processing', resulting in a message with two NS rrsets in the authority
section out of NSD, which the BIND resolver rejects.

Perhaps this can be fixed in NSD - since two NS sets is simply very
large and we can make the responses smaller in this case.  Probably by
including only the 'first' NS set (for the source of the CNAME),
although many resolvers immediately query for the destination of the CNAME.