[nsd-users] internal nsd-xfer calls by nsd not using ip-address: as source?

Alexander Spannagel alexander.spannagel at monster.de
Wed Feb 24 08:35:02 UTC 2010

Hello!

I also see this as "overkill". Within our setup we run 2 instances of
nsd - one for internal and one for external view of our zones. Within
each config (2* slave, and 2* master-configs) we need to configure the
outgoing-interface per zone with the same used in the global setting as
ip-interface.
What i expected while configuring was that the same ip for
incoming/outgoing would be used -while only having one ip for incoming.
My next try was to setup the outgoing-interface in the global config,
ended up in adding it to each zone setup.

I would expect:
1. if outgoing-interface is within zone-section - use this ip
2. if outgoing-interface is within server-section - use this ip
3. if ip-address is uniq - take this ip
4. use current logic

New would be 2 and 3. Maybe this can be added within one of the next
versions of nsd.

Regards

Alex