[nsd-users] logfile empty after logrotate

Andreas Schulze andreas.schulze at datev.de
Fri Oct 15 08:30:18 UTC 2010

Am 15.10.2010 09:31 schrieb Matthijs Mekking:
> Please, let me know if you have more information about this. I am
> running out of clues ;)

Uhhhh,
my setup *was* chroot an ofcource the logfile *was*
outside the chroot.
I fixed the logfilelocation and all runs like documented.

Sorry for wasting your time...

Maybe the manpage can explain more detailed the chroot setup.

I learned that paths in nsd.conf must not relative to chroot
but contain the full patch to chroot + subdir + filename
The chrootpart of paths nsd strips internaly.

Sorry and Thanks !
Andreas

--
Andreas Schulze
Internetdienste | P532

DATEV eG
90329 Nürnberg | Telefon +49 911 319-0 | Telefax +49 911 319-3196
E-Mail info @datev.de | Internet www.datev.de
Sitz: 90429 Nürnberg, Paumgartnerstr. 6-14 | Registergericht Nürnberg, GenReg Nr.70
Vorstand
Prof. Dieter Kempf (Vorsitzender)
Dipl.-Kfm. Wolfgang Stegmann (stellvertretender Vorsitzender)
Dipl.-Kfm. Michael Leistenschneider
Jörg Rabe v. Pappenheim
Dipl.-Vw. Eckhard Schwarzer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Reinhard Verholen