[nsd-users] nsd 3.2.9 released

Peter Koch pk at denic.de
Mon Nov 28 10:31:00 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 10:09:20AM +0100, Matthijs Mekking wrote:

> We want to prevent fragmentation as much as possible. Optional
> information should not be able to cause fragmentation.

not everything in the additional section is 'optional', think of
additional data originating from glue records.

> Still, IP packets fragmented by the kernel may still cause problems
> across the network. One example is that a box is not considering one
> fragment as a DNS packet and it may be drop the packet.

True, but I am not convinced that pleasing this brokenness by
suggesting fragments are avoidable (and thus making those that aren't
even more exceptional) is the right way to go.  Race towards
lowest standards applies.

-Peter