[nsd-users] nsd-notify retries?

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Mon Nov 28 16:12:22 UTC 2011

On 28/11/2011 16:58, Michael Tokarev wrote:

Hi Michael,

> (On an related note, I think I asked this question myself -- is there
> a way to send a notify to _unbound_ daemon too? :)

NOTIFY is generally meant to be used from a master to a slave, to let
the slave know it should refresh a zone.

Unbound is just a resolver, so NOTIFY doesn't quite do what you want.

My guess is that you want Unbound to flush a particular zone upon
receiving a NOTIFY message, so that it is forced to look up new records
in that zone. I think someone had a similar wish some time ago, and
hacked it into Unbound. It may be in the archives somewhere. This
feature is unlikely to make it into the stock Unbound though. It really
is a hack.

Regards,

Anand Buddhdev
RIPE NCC