[nsd-users] nsd 3.2.9 released

Peter Koch pk at denic.de
Tue Nov 29 18:17:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 09:02:16AM -0500, Olafur Gudmundsson wrote:

> While in practice I have no problem with suppressing the zone's NS set
> from most answers this has unindented side effects.
> For most old resolver this changes their affinity from the Child side NS
> set to the parent one (i.e. makes them Parent centric).

parent/child inconsistency and its mitigation by what you call 'child
centric' resolvers is current state.  I'm not sympathetic
to sacrificing this on the altar of 'transition'.

> If more an more authoritative servers do this we should be strongly
> recommending that resolvers fetch the child NS set once the resolver
> discovers a delegation.

That would be a protocol change, not a recommendation.  QTYPE=NS just
doesn't exist in 1034/35. Can we please be conservative?

-Peter