[nsd-users] xfrd process not starting

John Peacock jpeacock at messagesystems.com
Tue Jan 24 20:25:40 UTC 2012

On 01/24/2012 02:58 PM, Martin Svec wrote:
> Attached I send you our patch to disable xfrd in nsd-3.2.9.
> It's a dirty single-purpose hack but our nameservers run
> with it nearly 2 years.

Thank you very much!  I did a much more simplistic patch (basically
commenting out restarting the xfrd child process after the first
failure) and resperf reports 42k queries/sec (as opposed to 2k with all
of the xfrd thrashing).  I tried your patch now, with the mmap flag as
well, and now I am getting around 75k queries/sec!

Now if I can figure out why unbound is crashing due to malloc errors
(which may be too aggressive tuning on my part), but that is a different
list... ;-)

John