[nsd-users] Best practices to switch from BIND to NSD

Alexandre Maumené alexandre at enovance.com
Fri Jun 8 09:24:09 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm a sys admin and currently working for a french hosting company.  We
provide DNS services to our customers and at the moment we are using BIND
on Debian servers.  BIND is a good software but we don't need a recursing
DNS for our public DNS, and we needed better security than what BIND provides.
So I made the suggestion to replace BIND by another DNS software.
NSD appears to be the best alternative.

I'm currently writing some scripts to help the migration process, but I'd
like to know if something already exists to help me in this task. If not I
probably will make my scripts public and post it to this mailing-list.

I also would like to know if you have some best-practices about NSD in
general.

Thanks in advance.

Alexandre Maumené
P./ +33.1.49.70.86.12
M./ alexandre at enovance.com
W./ www.enovance.com
S./ enovance-alexandre.maumene
eNovance SAS - 10 rue de la Victoire 75009 Paris - France