[nsd-users] NSD v4.0 release date?

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Thu Jun 14 12:22:21 UTC 2012

On Jun 14, 2012, at 2:01 PM, Peter Hessler wrote:

> Do you consider the snapshots stable enough to run for small production
> servers?  Obviously not the missing features, but the ones that are
> in-tree and exposed via the normal configuration.

They compile, pass rudimentary (regression) tests. But, they may not have yet had the benefits of a code review by a 2nd programmer, our complete pre-release tests, and may not be fully documented.

> I am primary for 5 smallish domains, and backup for another 20; but I
> don't want to cause huge problems for them.

I will not give you guarantees but if NSD4 with the current features suits you better than NSD3 you might want to give it a try and share your experiences.

--Olaf

NLnet
Labs
Olaf M. Kolkman

www.NLnetLabs.nl
olaf at NLnetLabs.nl

Science Park 400, 1098 XH Amsterdam, The Netherlands