[nsd-users] nsd-control SSL problems (UNCLASSIFIED)

Kash, Howard M CIV (US) howard.m.kash.civ at mail.mil
Mon Nov 25 20:17:05 UTC 2013

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I've installed NSD 4.0 on two RedHat 6, 64-bit systems and four RedHat 5, 32-bit systems.  On the two RHEL6 systems nsd-control works fine.  On the four RHEL5 systems, nsd-control gives "error: SSL handshake failed".  In the log file it says "error: remote control failed ssl crypto error:140B512D:SSL routines:SSL_GET_NEW_SESSION:ssl session id callback failed".  I've tried removing the certificates and re-running nsd-control-setup with the same result.  All attempts are from localhost.  RHEL6 uses OpenSSL 1.0.0, whereas RHEL5 uses 0.9.8e, but the NSD documentation doesn't specify a requirement for a particular version.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Howard