[nsd-users] Possible fragmentation issue transferring larger zones over IPv6?

Antonio Prado aprado at topnet.it
Sun Mar 30 08:02:13 UTC 2014

On 29/03/14 22:37, Darren Pilgrim wrote:
> Today I added some records to a zone and it made the AXFR size greater
> than one packet.  At that point, the zone would no longer transfer from
> my hidden master to my slaves (everything is running 4.0.1).
>
> Have others run into this issue, or is this a known issue?  The relevant
> terms appear to be too common or vague for an effective search engine
> query.

Hi,

as you can read from archives of this list I raised this issue last
March 13, but I'm currently experiencing this issue.

After upgrading NSD version (from 4.0.1 to 4.0.3) and after applying
Wouter's suggestion (--disable-recvmmsg configure) nothing has changed.

So I asked VMWare for support because, in my scenario, it happens with
VMs inside a ESXi 5.5 cluster.
I'll come back to the list as soon as the case is solved.

Thank you
--
antonio