[nsd-users] Syntax check of zonefiles in NSD 4

Florian Riehm mail at friehm.de
Thu May 22 11:11:24 UTC 2014

Hi Wouter,

I have seen you have committed nsd-checkzone already.
Thanks a lot for this!
I have started testing and I like it really.

Just one question:

With nsd 4.0.1 I'm using SOA records like this:

@               IN      SOA     dns.example.de. hostmaster.dns.example.de. (
                                        1379078166; serial
                                        28800; refresh
                                        7200; retry
                                        604800; expire
                                        7200; minimum
                                )

With the current nsd from svn nsd-checkzone is complaining about my
syntax. It expects at least one whitespace between the SOA parameters
(serial, refresh, ...) and the semicolon.
1379078166; serial -> Error
1379078166 ; serial -> OK

Is there a reason for the changed behavior or is it a bug?

Regards,
Florian