[nsd-users] memory leak in 4.0.x

Lukas Wunner lukas at wunner.de
Fri Feb 20 15:46:22 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 01:02:19AM -0700, Will Pressly wrote:
> My problem with reloading zones (mentioned here on Feb 17, 2014) is caused
> by a bug in the linux kernel concerning forking. NSD's model of reloading
> really tickles this bug:
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/8/15/765

We bugged SUSE support to get this fixed and received a special kernel
(3.0.101-0.40.1.7689.1.PTF-default). This is for SLES 11 SP3.
Folks with a SUSE support contract may open a ticket with SUSE to get it.

Also, it looks like an engineer at Yandex independently submitted a
fix in January which is now in Linux 3.19. As of this writing it's
only in mainline and not yet in the stable kernel:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=7a3ef208e662f4b63d43a23f61a64a129c525bbc
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=b800c91a0517071156e772d4fb329ad33590da62

Best regards,

Lukas