[nsd-users] minor issues while building nsd

Uwe Kleine-König uwe+nsd at kleine-koenig.org
Wed Jan 21 16:04:45 UTC 2015

Hello,

just a quick lists of issues I found while compiling nsd myself for
testing Wouter's fix for the bug I reported.

 - When flex/bison are not installed during ./configure this just
   results in:

	checking for bison... no
	checking for byacc... no

   but no failure. It would be nice to catch that at configure time.

 - if /var/db/nsd doesn't exist

	sudo ./nsd -c ../nsd.conf

   exists with status 0 and no error message. If nsd would exit with
   != 0 an init script could catch such an error. Not sure if this is
   easy enough to be feasible to implement.

Best regards
Uwe