[nsd-users] RHEL package?

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Wed May 20 14:41:41 UTC 2015

On 20/05/15 16:32, Tom Taylor wrote:

> This is the spec I use to build NSD4 for CentOS 6.
>
> https://gist.github.com/t0mmyt/0e3ac565c46527d8cfc4

Hi Tom,

Your spec is somewhat outdated. For example, in NSD4, there is no need
for an hourly cron to patch the nsd.db file.

I also notice that you're starting NSD with a traditional SysV init
script. While that works on CentOS 6, my personal preference is to run
everything under a supervisor if possible, so in our spec, I install an
upstart script to run nsd. However, I'm probably in the minority here,
in running my daemons under upstart on CentOS 6.

Regards,

Anand