[nsd-users] RHEL package?

Sam Kling skl3000-nsd at yahoo.fr
Fri May 22 10:09:00 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I had the exact same question about why we could only find old releases of NSD in EPEL. Currently :

- NSD 3.2.18 in EPEL6 (dates back to July 2014)
- No NSD package in EPEL7

Sorry for comparing here over the NSD users mailing-list but just to take an example, each new release of Knot is very quickly packaged. Currently they have the latest release available on EPEL6 and on EPEL7.
And I'm pretty sure that there is not more demand for Knot than there is for NSD...

I really don't want to blame the maintainers of NSD but I think that, when people have to make a choice, how quickly the releases are packaged in the main repositories does count. So for the sake of NSD I hope that the quickness of packaging will improve.

Cheers.