[nsd-users] dnstap

Willem Toorop willem at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Dec 19 15:29:31 UTC 2016

Op 16-12-16 om 19:31 schreef Paul Vlaar:
> Hi, can anyone tell me anything about when dnstap will be available in NSD?

Hello Paul,

Farsight security contributed dnstap interface for unbound, but not for
nsd, because (I believe) dnstap's circular queue + fstrm didn't fit
nsd's forking of server processes model too well.

The dnstap.info page mentions that "It is planned to develop dnstap
support for additional DNS servers".  Perhaps you could ask on their
mailing-list (http://lists.redbarn.org/mailman/listinfo/dnstap) if they
intent to implement a dnstap contribution for nsd.

We don't have it on our roadmap ourselves yet, but we might add it if
there is enough demand.

-- Willem