[nsd-users] NSD 4.1.7 in EPEL

Michael A. Peters mpeters at domblogger.net
Wed Feb 24 02:21:47 UTC 2016

On 01/20/2016 06:05 AM, Anand Buddhdev wrote:

> Dear NSD users,
>
> Note that Paul wouters has pushed NSD 4.1.7 packages into the EPEL
> repository for Redhat Linux and CentOS. Previously there was only NSD
> version 3 in EPEL.
>
> If you've got EPEL configured on your Redhat/CentOS systems, be aware
> that you're suddenly going to get upgraded to NSD 4.1.7. This is a
> major update, so you'll want to review your configuration for any
> anomalies or discrepancies and so on.

Thank you - after updating one of my slaves with no issues and running
it for several weeks with no issues I updated the rest including the
master with no issues.

It's not common for me that major version upgrades of software "just
works" but it seems this time, it did. At least for me.

Hats off to the developers and packagers that made that happen.