[nsd-users] Patch: {max,min}-{refresh,retry}-time

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Wed Jun 22 11:54:52 UTC 2016

On 17/06/16 21:27, Daisuke HIGASHI wrote:

I would like to echo Daisuke's comment. If you introduce this new
feature, don't also activate it automatically, because it will catch
users by surprise. Remember what happened with RRL? If RRL is compiled
in, then NSD also applies some hard-coded defaults, and a user has to
explicitly turn off RRL. So a packager who wants to ship NSD with RRL
compiled it, but not on by default has to use the option:

--enable-ratelimit-default-is-off

New features, especially those that change how the software departs from
a standard, should default to off.

Regards,
Anand