[nsd-users] nsd and own openssl [SOLVED]

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Sun Sep 25 19:17:45 UTC 2016

Am 20.09.2016 um 10:45 schrieb A. Schulze:
> But it fail for nsd. Configure tries to check some stuff and uses "libssl" and "libcrypto" as fixed names.
> - checking if libssl needs libdl
> - checking if libcrypto needs -pthread
> - checking for HMAC_Update in -lcrypto

As far as I can see nsd don't use pkg-config to find the names of the ssl libraries.
There are some places in ./configure, that use "-lssl" and "-lcrypto"
`pkg-config --libs libssl|libcrypto` would return the local values

The attached patch to configure let nsd-4.1.13rc1 build with my openssl-1.1.x.
worth to mention: no single compiler warning notices while building with openssl-1.1.x!
good job!

Andreas