[nsd-users] Question on slave

Jamie Landeg-Jones jamie at catflap.org
Thu Dec 7 01:10:23 UTC 2023

Jeroen Koekkoek via nsd-users <nsd-users at lists.nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:

> Anand's answer is entirely correct.
>
> Once 4.8.0 is released, zone files will be written once per hour by
> default.

I'm confused now :-)

Arnand said the "database" option is being removed. Does this mean
the database will always be created, or NEVER be created?

I always wondered why I had both the .db and the zone files. After
reading this first response, I was thinking I could cancel the zone
files from being produced.

But now, reading your reply, it appears that the nsd.db is being
deprecated, and the zonefiles will be the only option. Is this correct?

Cheers, Jamie