[nsd-users] Split-horizon question

Jeroen Koekkoek jeroen at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Sep 4 10:22:58 UTC 2023

Hi Roman,

That can work if you configure Unbound with 'domain-insecure:
"mydomain.org"' (courtesy of Wouter, please test, I'm not very
knowledgeable when it comes to Unbound), but it will indeed break
DNSSEC.

To make DNSSEC work, you will have to sign the zone twice and host a
second copy (NSD or Unbound auth-zone). BIND offers something called a
view, but even then you will need actual separate zones.

I cannot think of a more convenient to achieve what you want and keep
DNSSEC intact, but others may have suggestions(?)

- Jeroen