[nsd-users] RHEL package?

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Wed May 20 14:36:05 UTC 2015

On 20/05/15 16:12, Michael A. Peters wrote:

Hi Michael,

> http://awel.domblogger.net/7/misc/src/repoview/nsd.html
>
> That is my src.rpm for CentOS 7 - which is really just a Fedora src.rpm
>
> It doesn't properly start when the server boots, which may be why it
> isn't in EPEL - I use a cron job once a minute to start it if it isn't
> running.

NSD3 is very hard to run properly under supervisors such as upstart or
systemd.

> And I need to migrate to nsd4

NSD4 has many improvements, including a stable master process, so that
you can run it easily under a supervisor.

I have a SPEC file for NSD4, but it is heavily tailored for our
environment, so it's not suitable for release. However, I'd be happy to
adjust it for EPEL or even Fedora.

Regards,

Anand